Time: 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM
Dates: Saturdays – 09/22, 09/29, 10/06, 10/13, 10/20, 10/27, 11/03, 11/10, 12/01, 12/08 (10 weeks)
Location: 1073 S De Anza Blvd, San Jose, CA 95129
- Build a Flex Sensor from a special pressure sensitive material and understand the physics and electronics behind it.
- Review the basics of voltage, current and resistance and build a circuit to validate Ohm’s law using several methods.
- Use the above concepts to compute the flexion.
- Perform auto-calibration to improve accuracy.
- Program the above elements using an onboard processor.
- Interface the smart glove to animation in Blender for real time display of the finger positions.
- Learn Micro-controller programming using C and Blockly.
- Gain critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Students take the smart glove home and continue the journey with endless amount of fun while programming and playing with it.