Recommended Grade: Gr 3 – Gr 5
Skill Level: Beginner – Intermediate
Students will take home: Project files
Location: Greene Middle School, 750 N California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94303
In this camp, your student will:
Get a high level introduction to Machine Learning and Neural Networks.
- Understand the concepts behind Digital Assistants like Alexa and Siri and implement a custom digital assistant in software.
- Learn about Image Classification and develop a program in Scratch that can identify images.
- Get introduced to Optical Character Recognition and code a program in Scratch that can recognize human handwriting.
- Understand the concepts behind how a machine can learn to play a game by itself and become better over time without being explicitly programmed to do so.
- Use Supervised learning to train Neural Networks through an easy to understand block-based Scratch programming language.
- Gain critical thinking and problem solving skills.