Recommended Grade: Gr 6 – Gr 8
Time: 4 PM – 5 PM
Dates: 09/04, 09/11, 09/18, 09/25, 10/02, 10/16, 10/23, 10/30, 11/06, 11/13
Tools: Python, Turtle
Prerequisite: Basic programming skills
Students will take home: Project files
Location: St. John Vianney
In this camp, your student will:
- Learn the fundamentals of computer programing through engaging and exciting coding projects in python.
- Develop sequential algorithms to move characters.
- Get familiar with Debugging by identifying and fixing errors.
- Gain critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Learn about Loops and optimize the code with repetitive patterns.
- Get introduced to the concept of Variables.
- Students will develop an appreciation on how computers store and manipulate information by building simple console based games,