The registration for this class is through the school. To register, contact your after-school program coordinator Lisa Sharma, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommended Grade: Gr 6 – Gr 8
Time: 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Dates: 10/10, 10/17, 11/07, 11/14, 11/21, 12/05, 12/12, 12/19, 01/16, 01/23, 01/30, 02/06
Tools: Python, Turtle
Prerequisite: Basic programming skills
Students will take home: Project files
Location: Discovery Charter (Phoenix)
In this class, your student will:
- Learn the fundamentals of computer programing through engaging and exciting coding projects in python.
- Develop sequential algorithms to move characters.
- Get familiar with Debugging by identifying and fixing errors.
- Gain critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Learn about Loops and optimize the code with repetitive patterns.
- Get introduced to the concept of Variables.
- Students will develop an appreciation on how computers store and manipulate information by building simple console based games,