Recommended Grade: Gr 6 – Gr 8
Dates: 09/05 – 11/21
Time: 3:15 PM – 4:15 PM
Tools: Python, Turtle
Prerequisite: Basic programming skills
Students will take home: Project files
Location: Discovery Charter, Falcon
In this camp, your student will:
- Learn the fundamentals of computer programing through engaging and exciting coding projects in python.
- Develop sequential algorithms to move characters.
- Get familiar with Debugging by identifying and fixing errors.
- Gain critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Learn about Loops and optimize the code with repetitive patterns.
- Get introduced to the concept of Variables.
- Students will develop an appreciation on how computers store and manipulate information by building simple console based games,