Recommended Grade: Gr 3 – Gr 5
Time: 3 PM – 4 PM
Dates: 09/04, 09/11, 09/18, 09/25, 10/02, 10/16, 10/23, 10/30, 11/06, 11/13
Tools: Arduino, Sensors & Actuators
Students will take home: Self-Driving Car & Project Files
Location: St. John Vianney
- Build a robotic car with collision avoidance and autonomous navigation.
- Learn the physics & electronics behind sensors and actuators. Program them using onboard Arduino processor.
- Understand the differences between DC motors, Servo motors and Stepper motors.
- Add obstacle sensing capabilities using Ultrasonic technology.
- Learn Micro-controller programming using block based language.
- Use wireless technology to optimize car performance.
- Gain critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Students take the robotic car home and continue the journey with endless amount of fun while programming and playing with it.