Recommended Grade: Gr 5 – Gr 8
Skill Level: Intermediate – Advanced
Tools: Arduino, C, Sensors, Actuators
Prerequisite: Basic coding skills
Students will take home: Motorized Robotic Arm and Project files
Location: Greene Middle School, 750 N California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94303
In this camp, your student will:
- Build a mini industrial robotic arm with 4 degrees of freedom.
- Learn the physics & electronics behind actuators. Program them using an onboard Arduino processor.
- Understand the differences between a DC motor, Servo motor and Stepper motor.
- Learn Micro-controller programming using an easy to use block based computer language.
- Gain critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Start building concepts in various engineering disciplines including mechanical, electrical and electronics engineering.
- Students take the robotic arm home and continue the journey with endless amount of fun while programming and playing with it.