Recommended Grade: Gr 6 – Gr 8
Dates: 09/19 – 11/14
Time: 1 PM – 2 PM
Tools: Arduino, Sensors & Actuators
Students will take home: Self-Driving Car & Project Files
Location: St. Victor School
- Build a robotic car with collision avoidance and autonomous navigation.
- Learn the physics & electronics behind sensors and actuators. Program them using onboard Arduino processor.
- Understand the differences between DC motors, Servo motors and Stepper motors.
- Add obstacle sensing capabilities using Ultrasonic technology.
- Learn Micro-controller programming using block based language.
- Use wireless technology to optimize car performance.
- Gain critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Students take the robotic car home and continue the journey with endless amount of fun while programming and playing with it.